Today is February 29th! Seeing as how this day happens only every four years, I thought that it would be fun to celebrate the 2016 Leap Year by sharing 29 store resources for D.I.Y. projects, home decor, and furniture. This list is really helpful because now you have more of a concrete idea of where exactly you can purchase the exact items you need for your home. I’ve mentioned whether the stores are brick & mortar (meaning you can shop on the ground) or if its just purely online. I’ve also tried to share where exactly in the world they are located so that you have more of an idea of the location of the store.
Keep reading so that you can see the resource list. 🙂
1.Target: Brick & mortar & Online shopping | Some International Locations, including Australia
2.Walmart: Brick & mortar & Online Shopping| Some International Locations [beware of the quality of the items you purchase from Wal-Mart. A lot of the items aren’t very good quality hence why they are so inexpensive nor do they last very long. I’ve purchase bookcases & poster frames that have NOT stood the test of time & have fallen apart. Some smaller decor items from them may be fine like a throw pillow or bath accessories even a poster print but for major furniture pieces (including picture frames), I suggest a different store.]
3.Gordmans: Brick & mortar stores in 22 states (including Central Indiana) & Online Shopping | U.S. only
4.Crate & Barrel : Brick & mortar across various U.S. cities & Online Shopping| International location in Dubai as of 2010
6. Ashley Furniture: Brick & mortar in all 50 states of the U.S. & Online Shopping| U.S. only
8. Michaels: Brick & mortar in all 50 states of the U.S. & Online shopping | U.S. only (no none international locations)
9. Wayfair: Online only: ships to the continental US, Hawaii, and Alaska| no international shipping
10. Etsy: Online only | some sellers may ship internationally or only domestically in the U.S.
12. Dollar General: Brick & mortar across various states in the U.S. | (although there is a website, I personally believe it would be in your best interest to visit your local D.G. in person to see the inventory that your local Dollar General will have)
13. Ikea: Brick & mortar across various states in the U.S. (including Indiana in 2017-2018) & Internationally (Sweden, United Kingdom, Australia, etc.)| Online shopping available for the U.S. & International locations
16. Society 6 : Online only| Ships to all 50 states | May ship internationally
17. HomeGoods: Brick & mortar in 46 states | No none International locations
18. T.J. Maxx: Brick & Mortar across various U.S. cities |No International Locations
19. Overstock: Online only | May offer International shipping
21. Kohl’s : Across various U.S. cities (exact locations vary do to the recent announcement of Kohl’s store closing across the U.S.)
22. Urban Outfitters: Brick & mortar stores in various U.S. States & Brick & mortar Internationally in Asia, Canada, Europe (including Italy) | online shopping available| May offer International shipping. If you want to see if Urban Outfitters is located in your state, here is the link that shares the exact store locations.
24. At Home : Online & Brick & mortar stores across the continental US | No none international shipping options
25. Joss & Main : Online only| U.S. shipping only
26. All Modern: Online only| U.S. shipping only
28. Burlington Coat Factory: Brick & mortar stores across 44 U.S. states| No none international shipping options. [Don’t be thrown off by the coat factory name. Although I personally haven’t seen much furniture at my local Burlington, you can almost always find smaller decor items such as curtains, throw blankets, etc.It just depends on what kind of items are shipped to the stores]
29. Thrift stores (such as Salvation Army) : [I wanted to present a more affordable option in case you can’t afford items from the store listed. There are a lot of thrift stores across the U.S. and if you’re willing to put in a little TLC on the furniture that you find there, then this can be an option for you]
Do you have a favorite stores from my list that you like to shop at?